3/25/2012

Malasimbo Music and Arts Festival '12

Concert Grounds.

I think I started this blog a few months after the first Malasimbo, with a photo of me slacking off at volunteer work. Well this year, I got the same job as I did last time which was to bring the artists leaving on a Friday to Puerto Galera. The big difference back then was that there were less artist and I could fit them all in one bus. Now, we had three with some minor setbacks but what the hell we got there in time for the festival and the first Malasimboat.



This year’s Malasimbo was bigger and I can’t really say better but there were a couple of pros and cons. Last year, it was more of an intimate group while this year was hipster central on a mountain. There are more toilets this time around and the food was better. The Kesong Puti is still a best seller and I wouldn’t wonder why not. It is a festival for your taste buds. There’s a campsite which makes the venue more accessible especially if you just went for the festival. The hike back to the entrance is tiring and is definitely a workout. Nonetheless the acts were awesome! Papa U-gee, Joe Bataan, Brigada, DJ Kentaro, Junior Kilat and Good Leaf were mind blowing… to me atleast they’re on the top of my list. It’s unfortunate that I passed out before I could catch Desta’s set.

Papa U-gee!

I would tell you more about it, but you just have to be there to experience it. Nature, good music, some greens and good company it’s a must to go next year. I bet the acts will be bigger and will certainly delight your musical cravings.


It rained but the sky remained lovely.

oh and just because I'm vain.

**Photos by JR check out his flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment